Unfortunately the founders and early members of the club were too busy enjoying their archery to worry about keeping records, and no written documentation exists from the early days of the club. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the club was founded during the 1950's, and has previously operated at Turner Road, Narellan, Smeaton Grange Road, Narellan, and University of Western Sydney, Campbelltown Campus from 2003 to 2011 before moving to our present location at Cobbitty in 2012.
Our club conducted the NSW State Target Championships in 1996 on Rotary Cowpasture Reserve, Camden, at which event a new recurve Junior World record was set which stood for many years. We then conducted the NSW State Clout Championship at the same site in 1997.
When the club was located at the Campbelltown University campus we had access to several hectares of undeveloped land owned by Landcom on which we conducted two very successful State Field Championships and several Macarthur Field tournaments. Our field course was very popular with archers, providing a good variety of conditions, including water hazards not experienced anywhere else in NSW. Unfortunately housing development undertaken by Landcom and the University forced us to vacate the Campbelltown location in 2011.
We are grateful to Camden Council for assistance in providing the present location for the club to participate in our activities in a safe manner on Cut Hill Reserve, Cobbitty.